swiss replica watchesreplica watches
80% of the replica watches uk market watch business, will be outsourced to replica watches Japan, Switzerland, several large factories to swiss replica watches produce. Today, Patek Philippe is the swiss replica watches only independent watch factory in Switzerland, the production line completely arranged their own. 20% use machine cutting, the rest of the eight is the use of hand.
Yukon-Eagle • View topic - Gravity Feed Management During Power Failure

Yukon-Eagle

Wood furnace and wood burning forums

Skip to content

Gravity Feed Management During Power Failure

Come here to see how to fix your furnace or replace parts.

Gravity Feed Management During Power Failure

Postby jjgumm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:47 pm

This season we will be firing up our new Yukon polar for the first time. I have read and reread the instructions for use multiple times. I want to make sure that, in the event of a power failure, I manage this situation in the best possible way. I have the luxury of a very large woodstove in the living room as additional heat as needed. My preferred approach would be to take the yukon polar off-line as quickly as possible and dump as much heat as possible. Without the fan operational, I do not want to take any risk of overheating any furnace components. The worst case, would be a fully loaded firebox.

Additional Information: The furnace is located in a furnace room in the back of the garage and has 2 90 minute fire doors, one opening under my exterior porch where the wood is stored, and the second opens into the 24 x 32 x 8 foot insulated garage where heat could be dumped. I have heard this expression but how is it accomplished?

Again, my objective would be to remove heat from the furnace as quickly as possible and shut down the wood fire as quickly as possible during a power failure. Is there anything additionally that should be done other than keep the loading door closed and not opening the ash bin door?
jjgumm

Re: Gravity Feed Management During Power Failure

Postby bill » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Have ou a safety heat dump in your hot air plenum since you are in an installation exterior to the house?

in that case remove your air filter, open the safety heat dump unless it has done so already, and open either door. The furnace will never get more than a low burn and if the draft regulator is set properly it has no chance of overheating.
bill

Return to FAQ's and tech helps