swiss replica watchesreplica watches
80% of the replica watches uk market watch business, will be outsourced to replica watches Japan, Switzerland, several large factories to swiss replica watches produce. Today, Patek Philippe is the swiss replica watches only independent watch factory in Switzerland, the production line completely arranged their own. 20% use machine cutting, the rest of the eight is the use of hand.
Yukon-Eagle • View topic - Big Jack damper

Yukon-Eagle

Wood furnace and wood burning forums

Skip to content

Big Jack damper

Big Jack damper

Postby wood fox » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:50 pm

How important is setting the damper. The tar builds up on mine then it throws it off. Sometime I feel like just taking it out and running it with out a damper, but since it designed like that I don't.
What effect would removing it have?

Thanks
Paul

Big Jack model 2004
wood fox

Re: Big Jack damper

Postby Keith Nelson » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:05 pm

If there is excessive build up then I'd be looking at the hwy instead of how can I cut a corner to make it work the way I want it to according to me.

The draft regulators purpose is to slow down the draft giving us longer burn times and in the end being more efficient. Things like lack of make up air,a cold oversized flue,wet wood or wood not seasoned enough or enough of a call for heat by this I mean it smolders too long in between calls for heat can be what is causing the build up.

Was it set with a manometer to .03" of water column? You could set it a bit fast like .04" or even .05".
If you find you can control the heats,get the desired burn time and not overheat the furnace you could elect to not have it installed.Sometimes with smaller homes you can get away doing this or homes in more mild climates.
Yukon Eagle Sales & Service
800-358-0060
..."if you have integrity nothing else matters....if you don't have it....still nothing else matters!"
Keith Nelson

Return to Wood Furnaces