swiss replica watchesreplica watches
80% of the replica watches uk market watch business, will be outsourced to replica watches Japan, Switzerland, several large factories to swiss replica watches produce. Today, Patek Philippe is the swiss replica watches only independent watch factory in Switzerland, the production line completely arranged their own. 20% use machine cutting, the rest of the eight is the use of hand.
Yukon-Eagle • View topic - Yukon for new home rebuild

Yukon-Eagle

Wood furnace and wood burning forums

Skip to content

Yukon for new home rebuild

Come here to discuss your heating requirements

Yukon for new home rebuild

Postby etoh100 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:39 pm

We lost our entire 3100sf home to a fire recently and plan on rebuilding adding some square footage to bring it to about 3400sf. We had a Klondike/Eagle IV and are considering putting a Polar/Eagle II in the new house. The Eagle IV worked ok, but seemed to have a problem heating some of the rooms furthest from the furnace 2 floors away. Obviously, the furnace was in the basement at the extreme end of the house where the chimney was. Had a 3/4 hp motor on the blower. We also had a heatpump w/propane burner for backup heat and summertime AC. We're considering possible solar power for electricity and maybe geothermal for backup heat and summertime AC. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
etoh100

Re: Yukon for new home rebuild

Postby bill » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi,
I was just browsing through and thought id answer as best I can .. Yes having a furnace blowing the whole length of the home instead of centrally located can cause some heat loss/ pressurization problems that you described with the farthest rooms being cooler in the winter.

I know nothing about your old house but I assume the new one will be better insulated than the old one was. Typically we would say the Polar for a 3400 square foot house but realistically a heat loss calculation would be the best way to determine your btu needs. The units require a 20 amp circuit by electrical code to run.. worst case scenario would be if everything started at the same time and thats about 12 amps max for the first few seconds

All things to take into consideration. If you have a designer and installer I would recommend providing them with a link to the owners manual on our website so they are able to calculate into the other heating and cooling systems the needs of this furnace as well.

Thanks!!
bill

Return to Which furnace is right for my home