swiss replica watchesreplica watches
80% of the replica watches uk market watch business, will be outsourced to replica watches Japan, Switzerland, several large factories to swiss replica watches produce. Today, Patek Philippe is the swiss replica watches only independent watch factory in Switzerland, the production line completely arranged their own. 20% use machine cutting, the rest of the eight is the use of hand.
Yukon-Eagle • View topic - Thinking seriously about buying--AC Coil and wood burning

Yukon-Eagle

Wood furnace and wood burning forums

Skip to content

Thinking seriously about buying--AC Coil and wood burning

Discussions on everything from flues to combustion air

Thinking seriously about buying--AC Coil and wood burning

Postby civilburner » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:46 pm

I am just about to make the plunge and buy and oil/wood Eagle 1 unit.
I have a friend who is very knowledgable about AC and oil/gas furnace installation
He has reservations about the AC coil being exposed to wood fired heat which he says burns much hotter than oil fired heat. I understand that I need to replace my polymer AC coil drip pan with a custom stainless steel job and have already figured out how I'm going to get that done. So now I have two questions:

1. About what temperature range can I expect in the supply plenum?

2. Has anyone experienced problems with thier AC coil being exposed to the heat? longevity issues? maintenance/cleaning issues?

Much appreciated. :D
civilburner

Re: Thinking seriously about buying--AC Coil and wood burning

Postby Keith Nelson » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:10 pm

The bottom line is that after 15 years of working for Alpha American Co. tech. servicing the furnaces I have never heard of an A-coil being melted due to the heat. Typical the range is well under 200 degrees in the plenum.
If the heat gets over 250 the blower runs non stop because of the fan and limit switch.

Over sized ducting is recommended in the event of a power failure for gravity heat and if the ducting makes a downward turn from the top of the furnace a heat dump is reccomended for the hot air plenum.

The Eagle I &II are on sale for $400 & $500 off untill the end of the month.
Yukon Eagle Sales & Service
800-358-0060
..."if you have integrity nothing else matters....if you don't have it....still nothing else matters!"
Keith Nelson

Postby civilburner » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.
civilburner

Postby northfriend » Sun May 01, 2011 11:46 pm

I have had an AC coil in my hot air plenum (Husky or now called Eagle) for 20 years. This past summer my plastic water drip pan cracked finally. Opened the plenum and sealed the leak with hot air tolerant sealer, and no more problems. Never trouble with the actual coils.
northfriend

Postby Keith Nelson » Mon May 02, 2011 1:23 pm

northfriend wrote:I have had an AC coil in my hot air plenum (Husky or now called Eagle) for 20 years. This past summer my plastic water drip pan cracked finally. Opened the plenum and sealed the leak with hot air tolerant sealer, and no more problems. Never trouble with the actual coils.

Aplastic drip pan is against heating code and very dangerous.If it melts it can start on fire.
Yukon Eagle Sales & Service
800-358-0060
..."if you have integrity nothing else matters....if you don't have it....still nothing else matters!"
Keith Nelson

Return to General