swiss replica watchesreplica watches
80% of the replica watches uk market watch business, will be outsourced to replica watches Japan, Switzerland, several large factories to swiss replica watches produce. Today, Patek Philippe is the swiss replica watches only independent watch factory in Switzerland, the production line completely arranged their own. 20% use machine cutting, the rest of the eight is the use of hand.
Yukon-Eagle • View topic - Replace the combustion chamber?

Yukon-Eagle

Wood furnace and wood burning forums

Skip to content

Replace the combustion chamber?

Discussions on everything from flues to combustion air

Replace the combustion chamber?

Postby northfriend » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 am

Hello, Any idea or help regarding when to replace the combustion chamber? We have a dual (wood/oil) Husky which was installed in 1990. We've burned in it since then when the temperature was below 40 degrees. We are in Michigan's thumb, so pretty normal winters. This past summer, the a/c water pan located in the hot air bonnet cracked. This caused water to drip on the exterior of the combustion chamber, eventually leaking rusted water all over the floor. Finally, I found the leak and stopped the water, but I have no idea what damage, if any was done to the chamber steel. Also, the ring around the oil flame electrodes which was part of the furnace structure has disinetgrated. In other words, is it time to replace the whole chamber? Can it be done without disassembling the entire cabinet? If not, I've got to support all the ductwork. Grateful for any help. Peace.
northfriend

Re: Replace the combustion chamber?

Postby Keith Nelson » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm not sure exactly what is gone on your furnace. Please call us 800-358-0060
Yukon Eagle Sales & Service
800-358-0060
..."if you have integrity nothing else matters....if you don't have it....still nothing else matters!"
Keith Nelson

Postby northfriend » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:09 am

Thank you Keith, I will call when I am home from work during the day. As for what's gone, I am not sure. I replaced the secondary heat exchanger, going from steel to stainless a few years ago. My original became paper thin. I do not know if any other parts of the combustion chamber are also worn through. I guess, how long should I expect it to last? Also, where the oil burner electrodes enter the chamber, the walls there seem very thin. There was a steel sleeve which fit around the electrodes, but that piece just crumbled in my hand.
northfriend

Postby Keith Nelson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:18 pm

That could have been the blast tube of the burner or the tube that the burner mounts in.I really could use a digital pic sent to me in an email or maybe if we talk enough I can ask you the right questions to get at the real answer.
Call me please.
Yukon Eagle Sales & Service
800-358-0060
..."if you have integrity nothing else matters....if you don't have it....still nothing else matters!"
Keith Nelson

Return to General